Seriously, I won a social media bootcamp in Bali!
The last night of 2019 I spent 19hrs straight working behind the bar. The first morning of 2020 I awoke to being chosen for a full scholarship to the Institute Of Code in Bali.I had won a 10 day all inclusive social media bootcamp in Bali.
It was the break in life I so desperately needed.
This is what’s included with the Institute of Code’s Social Media Bootcamp
6 weeks self paced online teachings
10 day immersive bootcamp in Bali
Why I applied for the scholarship to The Institute Of Code in Bali
I’m a single mom who has 100% been doing it solo for the last 26 yrs. My son is on the Autism spectrum, and in his younger years, his needs consumed me. I chose to work in nightclubs because that meant late night starts for me and more time with him.
Between my late nights at work and long days with him, there was no time for me to get an education.
As I aged, I switched from clubs to restaurants to cover our expenses and I was no longer getting the ‘good jobs’.
But there was one thing I did always manage to prioritize and save for over the years and that was travel. I have quite the adventurous side and I realized early on that travel ( me time) made me a better me, and in turn, better to him.
Now that my son is an adult and one hell of a dog sitter I have started to travel more.
… and my idea for hot flashes and boarding passes was born. But I was at a loss as how to navigate the world of social media, marketing and branding. So I applied for the scholarship to the Institute Of Code in Bali.
Me, winning this course is quite the game changer for me.
During this social media bootcamp, you get to stay in a badass Villa in Bali
Yes, for this social media bootcamp, you get to stay in a private Villa in the heart of Bali. The Institute Of Code takes care of every little detail so that you can focus on what you came there for – to learn.
There is morning yoga, lunches by the pool and a private chef team to take care of all your meals. I have never eaten better, or HEALTHIER in my entire life. Like, I’d go back in a heartbeat, just for them to feed me.
I shared a room with one other gal, they had put us over 40 ladies together. It was larger than my entire apartment in Toronto. A few others were 3 to a room, but the place was huge with a ton of space for everyone. The entire staff and the resident pupster Houdini made me feel right at home. Well, if my home was a luxury villa, that made me exercise and eat well 😉
What do they teach at Institute Of Code’s Social Media Bootcamp in Bali
At The Institute Of Code in Bali in their 10 day social media bootcamp, they teach you an absolute ton, about branding, marketing, social media, as well as photography and editing. If you put in the work, you will leave with your own portfolio to present to brands.
Here is a brief intro of what The Institute Of Code offers:
- IG strategy and growth
- Facebook Marketing
- Growing website traffic with SEO
- Creating shareable and engaging content
- Growing an email list
- Personal Branding and finding your niche
- Media kit
- Latest apps and tools
- How to pose in photos
- Photo editing with Lightroom
- How to find clients for freelance work
For a more detailed curriculum, you can check out their website Institute of Code
They had social media superstars as our mentors
Who better to teach us how to kill it in the online space, at a social media bootcamp in Bali, then some badass mentors, truly killing it on the gram. I think they change with each new group.
Here is the team that mentored our social media class in Bali:
- Jess Bonde was there to teach us photography. He was freaking awesome, with the patience of a saint … I can be a handful , check him out here Jess Bonde | Vanlife | Travel (@wildbonde) • Instagram photos … absolutely amazing!
- Emilio is one of the cofounders but also taught us photography and set us up for success with Lightroom (photo editing). He also took one hell of a badass pic of me on a black sand beach with his drone, and for that I will be forever thankful Eyes of a Nomad | Emilio Kuzma-Floyd
- Keira was an absolute sweetheart and taught us photography as well. She really showed us how to set up a product shoot for a brand and shared a lot of her tools with us. Keira Mason (@keiramary_) • Instagram photos and videos
- We also had the beloved ( and slightly worshipped) Marie and Jake from Marie & Jake Bali (@mariefeandjakesnow) • Instagram photos … come to have a truly inspiring talk with us one afternoon. It let so many of us know that we are on the right path. Also, let’s face it, they truly one the aesthetics lottery and are both super easy on the eyes.
Also check out their presets, I absolutely love them.
Who is this social media bootcamp in Bali for?
It’s for EVERYONE!!! Between their other 10 day coding workshop bootcamp and this social media management and marketing one, if you want to be a digital nomad or even just live a life on your own terms , they gotcha covered.
There was quite a range of students that attended. It was the first one attended by all females. There were ladies from all over the world, from the very young, to old AF like me. With all different educational backgrounds, careers, levels of social media and photography experience, but with the common goal to LEARN and lift each other up.
So if you think this is something that you are interested in or have any questions. Don’t be shy and shoot me a message.
You can also use my code to sign up. Plus they have now come out with a digital course.